I am writing differently on this blog. Unlike my usual dramatic opening, I want to just state some very good facts with this topic – simply because everyone thinks G+ is a redundant tool for marketing. While I do understand why this 'thought' has occurred, I want to bring your attention to some really cool benefits of this social media site and that it is linked to GOOGLE, need I say more?
And I will give you few more strong points as to why this too should be your go-to marketing tool, so listen up:
- SEO Opportunities: Well I won’t really go into the depth of this. Just linking it with Google itself, you've got yourself a self-marketing keyword that latches on to top search results on an explorer. I think, it is wonderful when this happens especially if you wouldn't want to spend much time figuring this otherwise.
- The Gmail Users of the World can see your Profile/Page: The second best thing! Anyone you mail can see your profile/page – so you have plenty of opportunity to put up relevant details, pictures and the likes – to grab attention. Imagine, there are about 1 million Gmail users every month – even if 1/100th of them click on your photo (which eventually opens up your G+ details) then it’s a wow situation. Only point of consideration? Please keep your profile updated with good information, links and pictures!
- Customer Review: As with other sites, here too you can receive customer review directly. Don't fret if it is in not always in your favour, but reply intelligently – people tend to look deeper into these as to how you have handled it, thereby earning a fierce loyalty that you so need. Google Hangout is an excellent place for this tete-a-tete. Talking about Hangout, you know you could also use it for hosting Webinars, presentations, Q&A's, Vlogs etc? (If you didn't know this, you can thank me :))
- Specific Demographic Statistics: Of course, analytics play an equally important role in your marketing strategy. G+ instantly provides you with fantastic demographics that you can check, review and re-plan your strategy. Based on who your target audience is and where they are mostly concentrated, you could specifically design your campaign for your products. Isn't it just marvelous?
- Communities: G+ communities are really powerful. By this I mean, they are also the most popular ones (Landscape Photography, Body Building, Funny Videos, etc). Once you join, you could post relevant info and bang! All the members of these communities can view it. (Psst, this can also boost up your 'following' number if you've just about started with G+).
- Cool Features: Like, it helps you segregate a niche group to selecting all contacts (even those who are not G+ users) if you need to invite them for, say, an event your company is hosting or taking part, or a party that you want attendance to, or even opening up a plausible debate. And for those who think “I really don't have the time to get online every time to post here too”, Good news! You can now link your G+ to Buffer and schedule posts and also link to other social media sites!! Win! Win!!!
Apart from these, G+ generally is a good place to get a following – not many brands (read competition) are present here and you should grab the golden chance while it is still available (I mean before everyone starts to know the importance of being here). Don't believe me? Just check the G+ of BMW, Dalai Lama, NASA....
So are you game to bring back the genius in social media marketing? Come on, you've tried all the usual social media sites, give this a try and yes please, let me know your experiences or even otherwise do leave a comment to tell me something new that has come up here!
And hey, would you want me to write about some other topic of your interest? – I would love to touch upon any topic you would want addressed, please drop in a line...