Wearing your favourite color outfit that goes well with the stylish hair and matching accessories, with a background of a breath-taking landscape ----- the perfect profile picture! Right?
Well, I won’t disappoint you – this may well be the absolute perfect picture for your Facebook or Twitter or Instagram profile but nah! this just won’t work for LinkedIn
We've gone over why LinkedIn is the most important profile for you and your business so why do we want to compromise on what will be your identity in the business world? Let’s get some quick pointers to makeover your profile right now! Also, I do recommend you to check my blog on the character and MB limits for your profile cover, photo etc. - Height By Width! The Total Image Guide To The ‘Social’ Business! – JAT-o-Graphic
Others: And yes there are other requirements too! This means that you will have to work hard to get your first 50 connections (which will also fulfill the profile completion mandate of LinkedIn).
- Build your network - you can choose two ways to do this: (a) go to the 'people you may know' link and search for already known persons or (b) send out invitations to similar profiles (do be careful on the number of invites you send, you don't want to come across as desperate!)
- It is recommended to join groups (refer my blog link) and follow companies to improve your network base
- You may also choose to upgrade your account to a premium one with more features with of course a small payment or carry on with the regular page
- Add in your work samples or projects – guaranteed visibility and interest from peers, trust me!
- Jobs – this link helps both ways of recruitment. You can either choose to open for hiring or be hired depending on your profile
There you are! Focus on the right things on this site, there isn’t a better networking platform you can find for all your business needs.
Have I missed anything? Let me know and I will gladly acknowledge and update!