Click buy, click next, BAM! A chat box asking you your choice for a better product delivery! You go, wow, this is swag – if only I can talk to my customers like this I’d be somewhere… Why should you not?
One of the prime most reasons why your business should be on social media advertising is because you can talk to your customers… that too live. Yes, YOUR customers and LIVE. Like the idea, read on to see few more reasons why you should hire social media consultants or even do it yourself to get more out of your business.
I would divide the advantages into four categories –
1) CUSTOMER KNOWLEDGE – Going back to what I said earlier, what better way to know the needs of customers than, to have them talk to you? Social media cuts across borders of time and gives you better know-how of your customers’ demands.
- Social media ensures you retain your customers, gain loyalty as they feel secure that they can talk to you and express their opinions to a ‘person’ than to an answering machine! Seriously, no one likes to dial up and hear ‘for complaints press 2’ or the likes...
- B2C directly will definitely expand your clientele. Now, who wouldn’t want to boast a million customers in a short span of time?
- Tell your customers about upgrades, offers and latest news all upfront without delay. Respond to their concerns immediately and see what they tell about you! I promise, one problem solved is at least 3 customers gained! What more, you get to steer their eyes away from competition!!!
2) SEO BENEFITS – So this is pretty much direct. The more people see you on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Google+ etc) the more they are likely to visit your detailed website and more importantly, they are interested in doing business with you. The result? Your site/page is in the top searches! Which means more presence, wider reach and more... well... err…? Business?? Yes you can thank me later for sharing this bit of info 🙂
3) BUDGET FRIENDLY ADVERTISING – Straight forward, social media presence doesn’t require too much of your well earned money. (Yes, you may be able to afford that vacation you wanted for so long). Most of the social media registers you for free - bonus! Yes maybe for more boosts on your advertising there will be a price but come on nothing’s entirely free.
- Get covered in events and have more people seeing what you have in offer. You may want to tag yourself with a charity maybe but albeit you can be rest assured that you’ve got them by the eye-balls. (Excuse the pun please!) This can even turn out to be an earned media coverage (This is getting really interesting isn’t it?)
- You get to target and re-target your audience, play to your strengths and gain confidence of your customers
- Compared to running high bills of advertising on other platforms, this is relatively reasonable. If you really want to make your money count, you could hire a Social media Company / Consultant (Like us!) to be on the job and get you out there really. But the ROI? I needn’t even go there – just read the above points and you’ll know you’ve hit jackpot!
4) MORE SALES – Well, whatever I say here will almost be a repetition of the above. But why is this even a category? Simple – Sales is the ultimate result you are looking for when you think of doing any kind of advert. But social media is a step ahead in getting more from your advert. Sales, yes, but gaining loyal customers and through them more loyal customers, who would’ve thought right? This may well be your path to expansion and seemingly doing more of what you are good at – Business!
Lastly, I must admit, it is fun being out there – talking to people, getting to know them and just be right in the middle of ‘things’. Have I got your attention? Go on, go now and go LIVE! But hey, don’t forget to tell me how it went with being present there!